Wednesday 7 October 2009

Taking up a one-year-old offer

Over a year ago, a would-be children's illustrator (Sam) and I decided to team up. I'd write the text and she would do some sample illustrations.

We had both been on a course teaching us how to illustrate for children's books. The difference was she could draw and I couldn't.... Anyhow, our teacher had kindly offered to show any illustrations that he thought were good to his publisher. We were hoping that this offer would stretch to text as well.

Time passes quickly, other issues become more pressing (like getting paid work in a recession) and we still hadn't done anything about sending our sample text and images off to our ex-teacher. Anyhow, the other day I received a great illustration from Sam for my Mr Grubble story. It was perfect.

However, I thought it might be an idea to send our ex-teacher two stories and two accompanying illustrations - just in case. Sam had already sent me the illustration for the second story but, not having read my text for about five months or so, it just wasn't ready to send off.

I need to hone it and perfect it and make sure I'm 100% happy with it. I shall make it my 'Task of the Week'....

No comments:

Post a Comment