Thursday 6 August 2009

CWIG

Enthused by my evening class, I decided it was time to take my children's writing project off the back burner. So, in August 2008 I headed to Cambridge to the Society of Authors' conference for children's writers and illustrators - CWIG.

This was a brilliant opportunity for me to immerse myself in the world of children's literature for an entire weekend. There was an excellent line up of talks, workshops and discussion panels. I listened to some high-profile children's authors - there were even three past/present children's laureates who had been invited to speak.

I took every opportunity to chat to people at mealtimes and coffee breaks to find out as much as I could from 'real' authors who earned their living by writing for children.

I came away both highly enthused and very dispirited....

No comments:

Post a Comment