Monday 24 August 2009

New term, new teacher

I decided that what I needed was more practise. So, I enrolled for the spring term. And the good news was, so did most of the others. This time, we had a different teacher who was called Susie.

We were effectively doing the same course again, since it was 10-week syllabus. However, since there were no newbies in the class, Susie was able to help us build on the knowledge we'd gained with Alison.


She was great at suggesting books we should read to see how they tackled the particular subject we were studying that week. She also came up with some really helpful suggestions on how we might improve the stories we had submitted for homework.

As a result, I completely rewrote the story I'd come up with two years previously. Same idea, same characters, but I came at it from a totally new angle. It was still two spreads too long for a picture book, but this was something I'd just have to resolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment