Thursday 27 August 2009

Three terms completed

By Easter I felt I was making some headway, at last. So, not wishing to lose that momentum, I enrolled for the summer term. Most of my classmates enrolled again, too. It was great to see them, as we'd built up a real rapport over the course since September.

Listening them read their homework assignments out loud, I realised what a talented, creative group this was. Some of them were laugh-out-loud funny. Surely everyone here deserved to get published?


This term, some story ideas finally came into my head. Hooray! So, over the course of the ten weeks, I wrote several picture book texts. I made little dummies of each one, to ensure they adhered to the structure and format of a picture book. I knew they weren't quite right but, with helpful suggestions from Susie and Alison, I was confident I could produce something that would have potential.

After all, I had the whole summer to perfect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment